Saturday 18 May 2013

Of toned bodies and such...

I don't deliberately work out just so to impress the ladies; I admit the gym is one place I've scored with some really classy and dishy ones, but definitely not the only reason why I spend hours training and  toning up.

I've been doing a lot more running, long distance cycling and lifting heavier weights since I've gone back to playing rugby and a new-found interest in triathlons. I'm a far cry from the really lean tri-athlete types, but I think the trainings been paying off rather well: I'm running longer distances and I seem to get more energetic.

And of course, the compliments from the ladies: J thinks I'm a lot more toned these days; Brunetta, the Italian expat wife I had a little tryst with but hadn't seen for months till last week, is now showing a renewed interest and she wants to "do lunch" once I'm back Monday.

Certainly flattering, and I don't think I was imagining it when I caught sight of a few tanned and toned ladies giving me a second look and smiles at the hotel pool, so I guess the hard work's paying off a lot more than I bargained for.

You'd think that in my daily job, it's a cardinal sin if you gained extra pounds so much so you looked tardy in your work clothes-- impressions are everything, no-- but the truth is that once you've been caught up in daily operations, it's easy to just let things slide and you become a fatty bom-bom before you knew it.

At least that's one thing I've managed to avoid, even at my age when I'm supposedly having a slower metabolic rate and such. 

Would be nice to catch up with Bru again *wink wink*; and meanwhile, Izzy's a little jealous I'm spending my Bintan weekend with J while she's stuck in Singapore with the prospect of boyfriend working over the weekend and me having a good time with my other woman.

"I'll make you pay", Izzy had texted, complete with a smiley. I hope she meant it. ;)

Looks like it's gonna be a 'busy' week ahead once I'm back, but for now, it's just about J and me.





No comments:

Post a Comment