Friday 11 October 2013

The Promotion, part 2.

So just as a quick update, Sunshine Girl is now officially my deputy head of division, and the opportunity came up for me to have Engineer Dude transferred out to helm his own little department somewhere else in the building-- in the end, no mutiny, and everyone's happy.

Of course, Liz wasn't too thrilled to learn Aussie blond Sunshine Girl has taken over her place, but nothing much she could do since I made the decision. My new deputy's ecstatic as she's thrilled, and tonight we (as in the whole department) is going to have a congratulatory dinner for her.

And I'm not sure if she's still just getting over the excitement of the promotion, but she wants to make a dinner date with me one-to-one to thank me for the bump up the ladder.

I love blondes. Really. :D
Liz and I are still having sex regularly in our own little time; we had a "celebratory fuck", as she called it, in her new office, and after that, she mentioned she'd still prefer my office if we wanted to have fun at work. Else, we take our little romps elsewhere: while we were in the same division, it was easy to avoid any suspicion, but she was of the opinion the people at work would smell something fishy if we were seen going over to each other's offices -- especially since we were now overseeing different portfolios.

My guess is more to do with her wanting to consolidate her position, so the last thing she'd want is to have a scandal screw up her chances of further progression.

***
La Femme's coming home this Sunday, and I'm wondering what I could get her as a surprise. I know she very much wants a new iPad Mini, but it's not exactly the most romantic gesture to get her a tech gear.

For some reason, I feel like surprising her in a romantic way this weekend. Ideas, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment