Sunday 23 February 2014

Golfing & thoughts.

And in addition to business meetings and such, I've been playing a rather lot of golf lately. Nice to see I still have a mean swing after close to 3 years of not playing a single game, and apparently, I'm still playing my old 12 handicap pretty okay. So I realised I'm not PGA material, but at least I don't end up looking like a duck swinging a club...and I'm happy. 

Incidentally, all that golf means I'm a lot more tanned these days, all thanks to our tropical sun; and not to mention one session in Abu Dhabi. 
I hit some really great ones that day.
***
Separate note, I really just can't understand how some guys are happily and openly inviting other men to have a go at their girlfriends. I mean, if I've been called a bastard by the flings that didn't turn out the way the ladies in question wanted them to go, then what on earth would you call men who put up nude photos of the women in their lives with clear facial shots and go "come join us and fuck my wife/girlfriend"?

Okay, so people pretty much choose the ways they want to live their lifestyles, and whatever rocks their world that sort of thing; but if you asked me, I'd very much prefer keeping the good stuff to myself, or if she was the sort who wants to be adventuresome and meet other guys, then I'd prefer not advertising about it on her behalf. 

Meaning to say she can pretty much go do whatever she pleases, but I'm not going to run a "come fuck my woman" campaign. Some things are just distasteful to me.

***
For some reason, I find myself reading quite a bit again too, despite my busy schedule. I'm wondering if it's anything to do with a young one who's been writing me and sharing insights about books and her life, but interestingly, since she reads and has been asking about what's good, I find myself finding time to read again-- sometime I used to enjoy doing, but stopped when things at the old workplace got a little too hectic. Ironic that these days, I'm actually a lot busier, but I find more time to indulge in literary pleasures. Maybe I'm trying to impress her with stuff I read and such, nerdy as it makes me sound.

Then again, I suppose I am a geek, given how much of a bookworm I was back in school, and I had no qualms finishing off novels whilst going through my reading list for A Level English Literature back in the day...so what's packing that one paperback on my business flights these days?
“I don't have a philosophy as such. Maybe a guiding principle, Carnegie's A man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind may take possessionof anything else to which he is justly entitled.' I'm very singular, driven. I like control... of myself and those around me.”  - E.L. James, 50 Shades of Grey.


No comments:

Post a Comment