Monday 31 December 2012

New Year's Eve 2012.

La Femme got back from her business trip to Shanghai this afternoon. We'd missed spending Christmas together as a result of the trip and me not being able to fly up to meet her because of work commitments. At least we're able to spend the last day of 2012 together, and she was all smiles and literally ran up to me like an excited little girl when I went to pick her up at the airport. She's usually shy and somewhat conservative when it came to public displays of affection, but today at the airport, she didn't hesitate to  hug me close and kiss me on the lips in the arrival hall. 

We drove back to the condo, and once home, our clothes were messy trail all the way to the bedroom where she'd been extremely horny and kept wanting seconds. We'd spent the rest of the late afternoon naked in bed until we both started to get hungry, then we showered, had a change of clothes and headed out to Waku Ghin at MBS for dinner. 

She'd gotten me a Hublot watch as a Christmas present while on her business trip, and I've yet to get her present because I'd initially promised to get her anything she fancied once she was back. I've given up getting her wallets and such a long time ago because she's got more than enough stuff from her favourite brands in the wardrobe; these days, it was better to take her shopping and let her pick her own gift: less romantic, I know, but at least she'd be getting something she could have a use for (or at least I'd like to think)

There's La Femme for you: if she's spoiled and indulges in luxury, it's only because she'd grown up around a comfortable lifestyle-- not to mention an ex who, being the scion of some Indonesian tycoon family, could afford to pamper her in every way money could possibly buy. Compared to her ex, I'm probably a very mild poison, but to be fair, she's never demanded anything, nor is there any pressure for me to try to measure up financially (I can't, not in this lifetime, to be honest).

But we do live quite a comfortable lifestyle, and we're happy in each other's company, and I guess that's what matters most. While the both of us are not adolescents who live on love, over the years, I've certainly grown to appreciate her companionship a lot more than when we started off; and after her divorce and my bitter break-up in the last "serious" relationship, I guess we both know better than to set unrealistic expectations, or unattainable promises to each other. For some reason, I'm starting to think that for all the flings I may have/had, La Femme's the only woman who can have a real hold on me simply because she doesn't try to own me. 

In any case, we'd be able to spend the next couple of weeks together before it's my turn to fly out for a convention in the States...it's the last moments of 2012, and frankly, it's nice to have La Femme around as always on New Year's Eve.

Happy 2013, all. 


2 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful Christmas gift she gave to you! Can't wait to hear what she picks-out as her own gift. Happy New Year to you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the watch, or the afternoon of sex? *wink*

      Delete